We're hiring an Operations Manager
Do you create detailed project plans for your vacations? Are you more schedule driven than most cruise directors? Do you love checklists as much as meaningful, important work? Well, great news: the University Innovation Alliance is seeking an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager will administer and control business operations functions in pursuit of the UIA’s strategic goals. These functions include internal processes and procedures, project management, budgeting, strategic planning, and other functions as assigned.
This is a grant funded position. Continuation is contingent on future funding.
- Organize, create, and implement UIA internal documents, policies, and procedures including an annual work plan and operations plan
- Support existing personnel; develop management and work planning strategies in alignment with the needs of the overall organization
- Participate in development of short and long-range plans for work unit and coordinate communication of objectives to achieve goals
- Support UIA meetings and convenings, including board meetings, site visits, liaisons, and fellows retreats
- Provide logistical support and planning for UIA speaking engagements and panels
- Support UIA components including an observers program, scaling projects, and the organization's communications plan
- Coordinate personnel matters such as recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing, and onboarding new staff
- Serve as back office support for the UIA Executive Director
- Function as project manager on special UIA projects as assigned
- Serve as a representative of the UIA, and promote a positive image with internal and external groups
- Assist in preparation and/or coordination of operational and special budgets, budget projections, and analyses
- Participate in the preparation of financial, funder, and administrative reports; analyze and interpret statistical, financial and management planning data for decision-making and strategic planning
- Analyze and make recommendations for staffing, capital equipment/improvement, supplies and service requirements
- Evidence of an advanced degree in a related field.
- Experience in operations of computers and software applications (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.)
- Evidence of effective organizational skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Experience establishing & maintaining successful working relationships among diverse groups of people including internal and external constituents
- Experience analyzing complex issues & situations, identifying solutions, forecasting outcomes, and implementing effective courses of action
- Experience working autonomously, setting own goals and objectives to fulfill program priorities
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
Salary Range: $41, 600 - $75,000 per year, DOE
About the University Innovation Alliance
The UIA is a coalition of eleven large public research universities committed to making quality college degrees accessible to a diverse body of students. Because UIA member institutions serve large numbers of first generation, low-income students, we are at the forefront of America’s efforts to regain its educational edge and increase economic opportunity and mobility. More info here.
Application close date: August 26th, 2016
To apply, please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.